Check Your Tires Monthly
It is very important to check your tires monthly to ensure the safety of your vehicle for those in it and others on the road. Here is a list of things to keep in mind during your monthly check.
1. Check tire pressure monthly. Especially when weather is changing.
2. Have your tires rotated. Every 6,000 to 8,000 mile to maintain even tread wear and get the maximum life out of your tires.
3. Do a monthly tire inspection. Check for uneven tread wear/depth, cracks, or blemishes.
4. Things to Check While Driving. Thumping or Rumbling – could mean a radial belt may have separated. Pulling – could be the result of the tire itself or wheel alignment.
5. Check and Replace Valve caps. They keep debris out of the valve stem, which could cause a leak.
So remember to check your tires monthly because it is one of the most important things you can do to stay safe on the road. Don’t ignore issues that you think may be related to your tires! For more information visit our tire safety and maintenance page. For information on when to replace tires and how to buy new ones, see this article from AAA.