Keeping your car secure at the airport while you are away will prevent unwanted surprises when you return. Here are some tips for Tips for Airport Long Term Parking:
1. Remove valuables and ticket information
– Take your parking stub with you.
– Remove your extra key.
– Don’t leave a copy of your trip in your car.
– Remove blankets or jackets, thieves may assume you are trying to cover something.
2. Remove trash
– Makes you car more pleasant for the ride home.
– A clean car gives the appearance that everything is secure and nothin is hidden.
3. Arrive early, don’t rush!
– Make a list of what you need to do and check things off as you do them.
– Lock your doors!
4. Choose your parking spot
– Park where there are security cameras.
– Park under a light.
5. Pick your parking lot wisely
– Choose 24-hour security with closed circuit security monitoring.
– Look for a lot that is staffed by real people 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
6. Give your car a checkup
– Inflate tires, make sure battery has full charge.
– If you’ve been putting off fixing something do so now, a small issue can easily become a much more serious and expensive problem after your car sits awhile.
REMEMBER to note your parking lot and space number before leaving your car!